This information helped a middle age marathoner easily qualify for 4 Boston Marathons. Now, it’s YOUR turn to put it to work.
My name is Dan Lyne and this photo was taken after I safely finished the 2013 Boston Marathon.
It’s true that thousands of ordinary people will make an attempt to complete a marathon this year, but many will fail.
Are you thinking of running a marathon, but don't know how to train for a 26.2 mile race? If you are unsure of exactly how to prepare for a marathon or you trained for one before and got hurt, sick or simply didn't reach your goal, it's likely you only need to make a few simple adjustments. I've written this message just for you!
Here's why most marathoners fail.
Of all people who run, very few actually decide to compete in a marathon. Of those that do sign up for a marathon, many will get hurt at some point prior to the race, during their training. Many others will run their marathon and ultimately finish, but during the race, they will either “hit the wall” or experience such extreme discomfort that they literally walk or hobble many of the last miles of the race, finishing miserably.
Maybe you have already experienced either of the scenarios I describe above. If you train on your own, without a decent training plan or coach, you risk injury and not being prepared for your race…..Bottomline, it's likely you won’t be happy with your results.
The trouble with marathon training plans is that most lack personalization. They are essentially “one size fits all” or “cookie cutter.” Because most runners are at differing levels of fitness, age, body size, etc., it doesn’t make sense for a 45 year old male to use a marathon training plan that’s designed for a 35 year old woman or vice-versa. In my experience the result of using these plans is injury or insufficient race day preparation which can mean injury or hitting the wall on race day. Either scenario results in pain.
Let’s be honest, people don’t run marathons because they want to endure pain. However, at some point during their training or during the race, this is exactly what happens. They experience pain due to injury or insufficient preparation. The challenge and desire for most people training for a marathon is how to prepare so you can avoid injury, race day pain and ultimately, accomplish their goal of finishing a marathon.
The good news is there’s a proven marathon training plan available that has been developed by an experienced runner who started running marathons nearly 30 years ago…this plan is more than mileage on a calendar and a few encouraging words. This is a comprehensive marathon training program, that will get you to the starting line healthy, strong and confident that you can achieve your goals on your big day.
Most people get their marathon training information by downloading a FREE plan off the internet…or they use a plan from a friend who ran a marathon a few years ago…or they buy a plan, but don’t follow it because it’s too difficult to understand…this is because the plan they purchased doesn’t match their fitness level or it’s filled with language and charts more suited for elite runners.
MOST MARATHON TRAINING PLANS DON'T WORK
- The primary problem with most marathon training plans is that they lack any personalization.
- Many plans assume that every runner is at or near the same level of fitness. This means you’re getting a “one size fits all plan” that may not be appropriate for a runner of your ability. The authors may be certified coaches, but they don’t provide enough information to properly address all the issues that runners often face during their 16-20+ weeks of training.
- Most marathon training plans are no more than day-by-day workouts on a spreadsheet or blank calendar. These marathon training plans don’t adequately address injury prevention, nutrition and injury recovery. These are issues you will have to research yourself when you start to experience any problems.
- If you want personalized training information from a coach, you have to pay expensive monthly or long term fees.
So what happens if you follow these SIMPLE plans? If you just keep doing what you’ve been doing or just take the easy or inexpensive approach to marathon training? You keep getting injured, sick and more frustrated.
What you thought would be a great accomplishment, finishing a marathon, is actually much more difficult than you anticipated. You would like to proudly call yourself a marathoner, instead you look and feel more like a “wounded warrior.”
I know this feeling, I’ve been there.
A Marathon Training Plan That Helped Me Qualify for 4 Boston Marathons and Keeps Me Injury Free
I’ve got an answer that works. Here’s my story: I have been running for 35+ years. I ran my first marathon in 1986. I had to walk much of the last 6 miles to finish. I ran a 2:40 marathon in 1991. Yet, as I got older, the more I trained, the more I seemed to get injured. For the next 15+ years, I suffered through foot, ankle, achilles tendonitis, knee, groin and back injuries. Although I would run an occasional 5 or 10k race, I just couldn’t get in shape to run a marathon without getting injured.
Does this sound familiar?
I have shared my story with many runners over the years and found that the most common challenge they face is dealing with injuries during training. It mostly occurs with runners that are training for longer races like half and full marathons. As proof, just look at the number of people who register for and the amount that actually finish marathons. For bigger races like Boston or Chicago, the difference is typically 4-6,000. These are people who either didn’t start the race for some reason (like an injury) or couldn’t finish the race (because of injury or poor preparation).
With every one of my injuries, I learned how to treat and prevent the problem from recurring. Also during this time, I studied many of the experts in marathon training. I tried training concepts from long distance running gurus like Higdon, Galloway and Yasso. I now consider myself the “Crash Test Dummy” for middle age marathoners, because I have not only suffered through numerous injuries, but I have also tried and tested many different ways to train for a marathon.
What I have discovered is that due to the lack of personalization with most marathon training plans, it’s not easy to find a plan that will work for a 35+ male or female runner. Training for a marathon involves much more than just running and “carbo loading.” Nutrition, cross training, injury prevention exercises and proper rest are also critical. A solid plan involves the concepts of increasing miles, which expose runners to more time on their feet, tempo or speed work and rest and of course, more injuries.
Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands. Instead of following someone else’s plan and risking injury or not being properly prepared, I developed my own marathon training plan. My comprehensive training plan provides a diverse set of manageable workouts, a nutrition plan to fuel your exercise and speed recovery and a variety of cross-fit workouts and stretches to build strength and prevent injury. Additionally, I have developed my own Runner’s Super Food list that has propelled me through the toughest parts of marathon training when injuries are most likely to occur.
2015 Portland, OR Marathon - Time 3:12 - 11th place for 45-49 age group
It Works For Me, It Will Work For You
Since 2010, I have used my training plan that incorporates years of experience and knowledge. The results are that I ran the 2013 and 2014 Boston Marathons in 3:05 and 3:09 respectively. Among other marathons, I recently completed the Portland, OR marathon in 3:12. All of these times easily qualified me for the Boston Marathon by 15+ minutes. I continue to use my plans and expertise to help others train for both half and full marathons.
Running a marathon includes more than completing 26.2 miles on race day. The months of all the training prior to the race require commitment and help to prepare runners for both the mental and physical demands of covering the distance. Even if you work with a coach or train with a friend, you must have a plan.
These recent Boston Marathon finish certificates are proof that my system works. Let me help you reach your goals.
Introducing CRUSHING 26.2
"A step-by-step program to avoid injury, have fun and finish the BIG Race"
This plan will transform you into a confident marathoner. If you put in the time and follow the plan, on race day you will:
- Be fully prepared both physically and mentally for your race.
- Have a strong core, legs, improved flexibility and excellent endurance
- Feel strong, fresh and confident that you are ready to achieve your goal of completing a marathon.
- Be able to pace correctly, so you can reach your goal time.
- Be excited to race because you got the most out of your training miles and your body is now fully adapted to the increased workload of running 26.2 miles.
I run half and full marathons every year and I use the very system revealed in detail in my e-book, Crushing 26.2.
When you order Crushing 26.2: “A Step-By-Step Program to Avoid Injury, Have Fun and Finish the BIG Race,” you’ll receive immediate access to one of the most affordable and comprehensive marathon training plans designed for the beginning marathoner.
There are numerous marathon training books and plans available for purchase. I can assure you that there is no better value than what you get with the proven Crushing 26.2 system.
If you want to blast through your Wall of Pain, you need an easy to follow plan that contains not only breakthrough workouts that are suited to your abilities. But also much more.
Inside Crushing 26.2 you will find a complete blue-print to your success that includes quality runs and workouts that produce real gains in speed, endurance, and running pace. I can show you how to combine simple cross training/strength workouts with smart nutrition and injury prevention strategies.
1) Beginner Basics (the keys to success) - a list of the most common marathon training mistakes revealed and how to overcome them (critical to ensure you stay injury free).
2) Downloadable/printable detailed daily 20 week training schedule - more than workouts on a spreadsheet, detailed explanations of all workouts and terms are included.
3) Nutrition advice - strategies & foods to help you fuel for peak performance and recovery. Includes my recommended runner's food list (a must have to ensure optimal results)
4) Complete stretching guide - recommended stretches for runners with detailed photos and instructions.
5) Circuit Training for runners - workouts that build strength and injury resistant muscles. Photos and instructions for each exercise.
6) Common Running Injuries - symptoms, prevention and the step-by-step process for ensuring long term recovery and recurrence of running related injuries.
7) Beginner Runner Training Plan - a 12 week plan for beginners before starting the marathon training plan. This ensures you are in shape and ready to start the "marathon journey"
8) Training Plan Cheatsheet - full explanations of each of the various workouts included in the plan.
I also offer a 30 day, money back guarantee. If after you make the purchase and test out my system, you are not convinced or satisfied that this program will help you finish a marathon, then send me an e-mail with your purchase information and I’ll personally take care of the refund, myself.
On the other hand, if Crushing 26.2 does meet your expectations, you’ll be delighted - and I think that’s exactly what’s about to happen.
Bonuses (order now and receive the following AMAZING EXTRAS no additional cost)
When you order Crushing 26.2, you will get a very complete training plan. However, I will personalize your training plan to ensure that it fits your abilities and goals.
- 1) Initial e-mail consultation and assessment of current fitness and goals
- 2) Complete individualized training plan specific for your race (plan includes descriptions of workouts – duration or distances & recommended intensity/pace). The plan can be tailored to fit your preferred number of days to run per week.
- 3) Specific nutrition and hydration recommendations for your long runs and race day
- 4) 2 e-mail check-ins during the duration of your plan, to assess your training and progress
- After you make your purchase, you will receive a second e-mail with a questionnaire that will allow me to personalize your plan. I will also set up the consultation timing.
The above bonuses alone are worth $200+. If you don't believe me, just do a search for personal coaching services for marathon training. You will see, it's not cheap.
"SO HOW CAN I OFFER THIS MUCH FOR SO LITTLE?"
I want to help people and I'm willing to prove I can coach you for a small investment on your part. Honestly, I won't be able to offer this amazing deal for long, because soon I'll have too many people to personally coach. So my recommendation is to take advantage of my plan and this special bonus, before I can no longer offer this service.
If you have any questions, please contact me. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
I want to show you how to have an incredible training experience. To accomplish this, you don't need to reinvent the wheel. I'll keep things simple and provide you with the workouts and knowledge so you can meet your goals. My goal is that after this journey, you will want to continue running marathons every year.
I'm confident that you won't get more value than what I'm offering.
Now that you know that I can help you and I've shown the proof that it works for me and it will work for you too, You have a choice to make:
Don’t follow a comprehensive training plan and do what you’ve been doing (or worse, do nothing at all). You know where that will likely lead. Frustration, discomfort and nagging injuries. Is that really where you want to go?
Take a new action to get a new result. Get prepared for your next marathon and feel strong, healthy and ready to reach your goal on Race Day. Purchase Crushing 26.2 so you can enjoy your marathon experience. From your first runs to finishing the marathon, this comprehensive plan will help you complete your goal.
Here’s what to do now…Click on the link below and purchase Crushing 26.2: “A Step-By-Step Program to Avoid Injury, Have Fun and Finish the BIG Race.”
30 Day Money Back Guarantee